Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hood Canal Ferry during Bridge span replacement 5/31/09

I had to do it...

To use the ferry at Lofall, you MUST take a bus to the dock. You can board the bus at Port Gamble, Kingston Ferry, Silverdale Mall, or Bainbridge Ferry. The buses are charter buses and they are beautiful. Big spacious coaches. They have tvs above the seats. Luggage underneath.

I drove to the Port Gamble Park and Ride and boarded the bus at 1:30pm. The bus arrived at the Lofall dock at 1:40. The ferry leaves every half hour on the half hour. I waited 20 minutes.

I boarded the Victoria Star 2 and cruised across Hood Canal

On the other side there is a Jefferson County bus to take you to the Shine Park and Ride. Its just a regual ol stinky bus. I rode up to the Shine Park and Ride. Beautiful rock quarry (sarcasm).

Arrived back at the Shine dock and Boarded the 3:00 sailing back to Lofall, Kitsap County. I had to wait 10 minutes for the bus, then rode back to Port Gamble and concluded my journey.





No comments: