Wednesday, July 10, 2013

June 1, 2013 - Jessica and James graduation party!

I carefully picked a day that would work well with Jessicas busy schedule.  June 1 was the day I picked. A nice Saturday, one week before graduation.  Jess leaves for camp very soon after graduation, so it was now or never.... And then I realized the Prom was Friday night!

Jess was a trooper though. She showed up on time even! I told her she could be late if she wanted.

Bronwen and I made chicken skewers and chilled prawns for the party.    Kelsey was a great helper,  keeping food rotated, checking temperatures of food that is out cooking off more skewers and refreshing the prawns as needed. It was very good.

Cousin Cap came up from California.  He was hoping to bring Joyce, but she was under the weather, so he came by himself and stayed at my house.

Uncle Ed and Blanche came. They gave us the news that there will be no Swalling picnic this year. This has to be the first time in 50 years or so... wow. I wonder if it will happen next year?  Ed is aging...  

A surprise guest, Cousin Craig came from Olympia! He made it just in time to see Ed and Blanche off.  I was happy to see him, in my recollection, this is the first time the three Cousin Craigs have been in the same place before!  It was the only picture I took!

The Three Craigs!
We decorated the place up with Bainbridge and North Mason colors and I created some posters of Jess and James over the years





No comments: