Thursday, August 15, 2013

4th of July 2013

This year I skipped the 3rd of July street dance, due to just getting home from Chelan

Pat Hobbs joined me in the am and we took the water taxi over to Seattle, then boarded the ferry for Bainbridge.

We went straight for the food area. I met up with Kelsey and we all went and had some food. As usual I had the Falafel from the local synagogue.  It is decent, cheap, and no lines! 

After the food Kelsey and I went to check out the Water Polo booth. Kelseys mom showed up and she left but I dropped $10 on some balls at the dunk tank. I hit the target with my second ball!  Good enough, I left for the beer garden to catch up with Pat!

I didn't see Pat yet, but there was the Minster Clan!  Blake, Suzie, Heather and Hank and Larry. Larry had been having fun all day it appeared!  We stayed with them for an hour or so, drinking some beer and listening to the band. Jim, Mark and Mike showed up

Pat, Jim, Mark, Mike and I went to Mikes house on Winslow way. We had a few beers, lit off some fireworks then went to see the rest of the parade.

After the parade we went back to the beer garden. We were supposed to catch up with the Minsters at some point, but decided that by now, they were most likely headed to Poulsbo. We went to Isla Bonita for a beer.

We ran into Marissa Acuna there. Had a nice converstation with her. Saw a few others, said hi, had beers.

Time to go back to city. We took a pit stop down at waterfront park on the way to the boat. Then Pat and I headed back to Seattle.

Kevin and Shana came out to watch fireworks with us on the beach. We could see Bainbridge and Lake union from very far away.

At 11, the cops came through and told us all to go home.  Then the cruiser rolled down the boardwalk, all the windows down, blasting "Closing Time"  everyone laughed, and peacefully left the beach.






No comments: