Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas

I went to cousin Mikes on Christmas Eve.  Dan, Tony, Mike, Sean, Danika and Sue Ann and her kids were there.
I was coming off a stomach bug so I didn't eat very much. Sean barbequed a salmon. I tried a piece cause I suspect they made it for me. It was good, but I couldn't hand the spices due to my stomach issues.

I got home and Bronwen had made the breakfast casserole for my breakfast the next am.  We went to bed early but Bronwen ended up getting the stomach bug that night.  It kept me up most the night.

The next am, Bronwen called in sick for work for the first time in 6 years or so.  I was very tired, but headed out to drive around and bring the casserole over, then pick up the girls.  Crista asked me to bring it over early so she could get us fed and out of there.  She has her own plans and we don't fit into them.

The girls were ready when I got there and they gave me a home made present of cookes in a jar. All the ingredients to make cookes, just add egg and milk I think.

We got to Cristas and found a space for me to open presents with my girls   I mostly gave cash and gift cards. I got Kelsey a signed Sherman Alexie book. Jessica said she read the book and loved it. I asked her where she got the book and she said I gave it to her!  She actually read a book I gave her?  Wow! Best part of Christmas!

Maddie gave me a hand made heat pad. It was hand sewed with some sort of bean it it. You heat in microwave and then its a heat pad. Cool I will use it I am sure.


We all sat and ate breakfast casserole. Crista had cinnamon rolls too.   I brought the traditional fanily recipe casserole with fake meat, while Crista being Crista, made a completely different casserole that in no way could be considered traditional.   As I don't eat meat, I can't vouch for its quality.

Danikas dogs birthday cake


Maddie and Mitch

Mom's friend Dick showed up











No comments: