Monday, January 13, 2014

Seahawks vs Saints In Divisional playoff game

I was able to get a ticket to the playoff game!  Sec 308 row A seat 1!  A $200 miracle!

Funny thing is, I just saw these two teams a few weeks earlier on Monday night football. The weather at that contest was bitterly cold. This game was super windy and rainy.

i decided to take C line down town.  I parked my car at Alaska Junction and ran one block to the bus stop. I got soaked.

As I was standing htere under cover, this man stops and says "go Hawks" I said it back and paid no attention. He was not dressed in any Seahawk gear.  He then told me he was going to the game too. He asked me how much the bus costs.

When I got off the bus, I said hi to this guy again and we struck up a conversation walking to the game. He had never been to a game, was not a fan, but won two tickets in a company raffle!  I asked where the other ticket was, is he meeting someone? No, he couldnt find anyone to go to the biggest football game in Seattle in years!  ha ha.  He told me he left the ticket at home... sigh.. I know at leas two people who would have met the C  line downtown to get that ticket.. oh well.

Heres the funny part. I ask if he has good seats. He says yeah, Sect 308.. I said, I am in 308, what row? He says front row. I say I am in front row.  What seat? #4. I have #1. sure enough, we were sitting two seats away!  How odd considering there are 68,378 people at the game!  Good ol Byron. he left at half time!  It was pretty nasty weather for a non fan, but what a great seat he walked away from!  

The game was fun, it wasn't too wet and windy in our seats.   I am sad that I can't get a ticket to the NFC Championship game, but that's the breaks.

view from my seat. No one in front of me!




No comments: