Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Newport Beach California 4/23-28

First Day Sunset




Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim vs Seattle Mariners at Anaheim Stadium.
Safeco Field is by far superior, but its not a bad park. Lots of M's fans were in attendance.

Ferry from Balboa to Balboa Island
Passengers cost 1 dollar, cars 4 dollars, they run three boats from 6 am to 3 am daily.

Balboa Island

Sunset on Saturday





Crystal Cove State Park







The Balboa Pier


Sunset over Newport Beach Pier from Balboa P

Beach fires in Balboa

Chinese Temple in China Town

Bronwen and I headed south for some R&R. We decided on Newport Beach, because it's close and affordable. Also, my Aunt Jean lives a few miles away in Costa Mesa. We hoped to see her, but only saw her briefly on our way to the airport Monday.

The weather was not the greatest, high 60's, but it didn't stop us a bit. In fact, we both got burned our first visit to the beach. I burned worse, and I was wearing sun block. The beach was a short walk from the hotel, across Pacific Coast Highway 1 and walk one block to the great beach.

We ate some great Mexican food while here. Even the fast food was pretty good. I will blog about that in my food blog as soon as I can.

We made a side trip one day to Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach and Crystal Cove State Park one day. On our last day, we went to the Santa Monica Pier and to Downtown LA. Our first stop in LA was at China Town. It seemed bigger geographically, not sure if its bigger in population and businesses though.

After lunch in China Town, we headed towards the city on Broadway. We went through the Theater district, Historic Downtown and the Jewelry District. It was awful, we didn't dare stop.

I am excited for my next visit to Newport Beach.

No comments: