Friday, September 14, 2012

Chris Hansen bought me a beer!





Ok, not just me. Everybody!

When I first heard this announced, I though that it was pretty cool and I wanted to go. Everybody kept telling me it is silly and just buy a beer. But I thought about it some more. I wrote letters to council members, I signed petitions, I attended the rally.. dang it, I deserve this beer!

Jeremy joined Bronwen and I in the street outside FX and we drank our free beer.

I was very surprised how mellow the event was. It wasn't crowded, no lines to speak of.   Just a group of Sonics fans. We spoke to other fans,  admiring their Sonics gear. Many strangers asked to take pictures of us too!

I bumped into (literally) gubernatorial candidate Inslee in the beer line. I spoke to him, apologized for bumping the next Governor god willing!   He laughed and said it was no biggy, he got bumped like that by Obama in a scrimmage game! He told me about playing basketball with the President. cool!  He did not mug for cameras, or try to do an interview, he was a fan, like we were.  One of his associated did give me a button though. "ballers for Inslee" with a basketball background. It is being proudly displayed on my backpack!

Mayor mcGinn wandered effortlessly through the crowds. I guess it's time to move past the tunnel fiasco! He seems like a genuine guy.

I was interviewed by Q13 and 1077 the End but I don't know if it aired.  We were on the 9 pm channel 13 news though. Several shots of us in the crowd!

fun time, I am really glad I went to this. This was history!

No comments: