Thursday, October 11, 2012

bus....

On Wednesday I decided to finish my day working from home. I met Bronwen and we arrived at the bus stop about 2:30. I checked the bus app,  it says 7 minutes. I checked it 5 minutes later, it said 7 minutes. I realized that the data is not correct, then saw the link to the message that says the new Rapid Ride buses don't have realtime info yet. Metro is working on it.  Metro better be working on a lot of things right now!

The bus arrived about 2:45. They run every 15 minutes until 3. So we just missed one? not likely, we walked down 3rd for a block, so we would have seen the Rapid Ride had it came on time.  The bus was PACKED. for a 2:45 run! wowl  We did find two seats in the very back, well, B got half a seat anyway.

We arrived in Alaska Junction and deboarded. I pulled up the app, the 50 is not due for 15 minutes. Sheesh. So we went to West 5. Everybody talks about this place. lame. No Anhieser Busch products! ha ha.  it seemed like a nice bar, probably a decent friday night place. I ordered a PBR.   We left with minutes to spare, and the bus did show up on time.

When we arrived at our stop on Alki, we saw the 56x that left our downtown bus stop 7 minutes late according to my app, and yet it still beat us home! ha ha.   Our trip took one hour. The 56x made it in 20 minutes!

On Thursday AM I was finally able to get outside in time to get the 37x. It helped that is was a few minutes late. This bus was about as full as it used to be. Every seat taken, no one standing.  No apparent change here. Even though they slashed half the runs. It worked out ok,  40 min in to city.

No comments: