Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

What I thought was going to be an uneventful Holiday weekend, was anything but....

Friday we attended our first Open House.  With our own eyes, we now know what 300k gets you in Seattle.. diddly squat!   After the open house I met my old ship mate and now real estate agent at Bamboo.  We talked houses, real estate and swapped old sea stories from what seems like a different life now.

Late night, but up early to go to my Sisters house to help move Maddie. When I got there, they had already left on a moving run, so I spent an hour catching up with my Mother.   Eventually Crista and gang came back and I went over and helped them move the last few heavy stuff up the stairs.

When we got back, Jessica had arrived. She got to spend some time with Grandma while we made our way back

We then had a picnic.  Mom made her potato salad which was great!  They forgot to get any meat alternatives, so I had a veggie sandwich and some potato salad. It was good.

Jessica wanted me to drive her to Anacortes on the spur of the moment!  After a few minutes thought, I said I would.  Bronwen was planning on dinner with Kevin for his birthday, so my schedule was mostly free. I was planning on spending the afternoon and evening on the couch watching college football!

Jessica and I had a nice drive. We had a not so nice lunch at Anthonys in Anacortes. My fish and chips were pretty lame. Jess had a burger.

I dropped Jess off an hour before the next sailing to Friday Harbor. but I was tired and ready to hit the road.  Traffic was light on the way home. I got home around 9:30.

I parked on the street and when I got out of my car, I could hear Kevin, Shana and sister Lindsay loudly talking in the unit.   I joined the party, but went to bed an hour later or so. To my relieve, the next morning everyone was gone!

Sunday, B only worked half a day. I went shopping, did some chores until she got off work.  We took the beach cruisers out for a ride to Jack Block park.   That evening, we went and watched the sunset. Then Kimmi and Amber showed up...

Kimmi just graduated from Whatcom CC. They have been planning for a long time to travel after graduation. So far, they have travelled from their old house, to our spare room!

Kimmi was not quite as ready as he thought he was.  They have way too much stuff. And on top of that, his damn engine light came on....

Sunday night before bed I invited Kimmi and Amber to breakfast the next am to celebrate his graduation.  I told them that we will leave early, 8ish.

The next day, I had to practically drag the kids out of the house. We arrived at the Chelan diner around 10:30. I was starved!

Breakfast was good.  After, we went home and everyone relaxed until Davey showed up with a load of Kimmis stuff!  More stuff.. They took that stuff, and brought it to Pauls in Ballard. They also had stuff to leave with Kevin.

As they were leaving, I told them they could join us for taco dinner later. Kimmi said he wanted to hang with Kevin. I said that is fine, but do so at his house, since we just hosted them the night before.

B and I went out to get a drink and at 6 pm,  Kimmi, Amber, Kevin and Shana were at our house for dinner. sigh.....

Tuesday AM, no one sleeping in living room, that's good. I haven't gone to sleep with B since last Thursdsay.  I have not spoken to my real estate agent or mortgage broker. I have not looked at house listings once...   I am disrupted now.

Ok, so now we are past Labor day, but I'll keep going as the story has not ended yet.

B and I did get a chance to get some plants for our deck planter. We went to True Value in Admiral on a neighbor suggestion. WOW, they are really wonderful there. Very knowledgable. she spent 15 minutes with us at least helping us pick out the right combo.

Tuesday I went to work.  When I came home the place was empty of people, but very full of Kimmis stuff. Even more stuff has now ended up in the living room.  The spare room was not ready, we had no advance notice, so the room is full of bikes. I let the piles of clutter in the living room slide for now.

Kimmi said he is taking car to his mechanic on Wednesday.   I hope they find the time to get rid of some of this clutter too!

Wedesday am. Back to work for B. Back to gym schedule for me When I went down to the living room at 4:50 am There was a kid in the living room..   Alki, we have a problem!!!!!!!












No comments: