Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mac life...

well, I am getting proficient in the Mac OS now. There are still a few issues though..

This keyboard. how do I delete? They have a delete button, but it is the equivalent of the Windows Backspace key.  Oh and no End and Home keys. I liked those keys and used them often.

The calendar boggles my mind.. What day is it? The calendar does not tell you what today is, it assumes you know. I don't always know. Last week I waited on a conference bridge for 10 minutes before I realized the meeting was the following day. And I have these numbers next to my calendar, I think they mean there are new things on my calendar? What are they? Do I need to accept them? There is a calendar event on my calendar for today, its says "lunch meeting". Who's lunch meeting? I click on it and it doesn't tell me anything useful, like, who initiated the meeting and who is invited? That would be helpful, I will assume its not for me.

This may be a browser issue with Firefox for the Mac, but in windows when I look at my tabs, I can see immediately if I have a new message in my Gmail acct. Not so here, I have to click on the tab to see if I have a new mail. Annoying.

I cant get Subversion to work.

Basically, I have no idea how anyone in management could possibly use a Mac. No OUTLOOK? Outlook is singlehandedly the greatest management tool ever created and next month Macs will finally be able to see what they have been missing.

There is more, but I have to finish a proposal.

No comments: