Monday, September 20, 2010

my new Mac part II

well, its going ok. A lot of my current issues are probably more tied to software than the OS.
I am having a bitch of a time with Dreamweaver CS5 ftp. There was some problem that it kept trying to synch files or something, but in my directory I use mostly there are a bunch of file checked out by Joe. I think that was the problem, I turned off the check in /check out feature.

I really screwed it up this am though. I uploaded a bunch of files into the wrong directory. ugh.

I was working on my google docs budget spreadsheet this am, I tried to SUM a column and it wouldnt work. now I cant get it to open.. is google docs not compatible wth Mac OS? OMG, I live on google docs for my personal calendar and finances.. sigh.

I am thinking about trying to use VM ware again to install windows. There is a feature were you can basically suck an existing windows machine onto the mac. I am thinking about trying to do this with my work from home machine. I am surprised that thing starts up still!

I am using a mouse now, It is faster. The touch pad is cool though. I like the "spaces" thing. I have it set now if I move my mouse to the top right, everything minimizes. that is cool. I need a keyboard next.

My Office 2008 should be here today. Open office is not that great. I can get by, but I am hoping that the Office app will be better.

on goes the battle

No comments: