Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Denver April 23-26

I took a trip to Denver to visit the CenturyLink clients.

I tried to stay at Embassy Suites, but the CTL rate rooms were full. They offered me the Hitlon Homewood Suites. Is that downtown? Where? I have never seen that in downtown. Turns out, it is brand new!  The cab driver didn't even know where it was!

I stayed in room 1023, from here on known as the Peterson Suite. I was the first guest to stay in that room! Its a cool thing to know everything is new. The room was nice, it had a full kitchen! I didnt use it .

On the first night, I went to the Pepsi Center to see the Nuggets V Warriors in the first round of playoffs. Denver lost.

I ate every am at Sams #3 for breakfast every day of course. It was as  good as it always is.

I discovered a great late happy hour at the Paramount cafe. 2 for 1 drafts after 10. The food sucked, but the beer was cold and cheap!  Of course I visited Alia at the Tarantula bar. They are celebrating 10 years! I have been going there for at least 7 or 8 years.  But this time I didn't spend too much time there.







Denver has good food trucks on 16th Street. Like everything in this city, it is the opposite of how Seattle does it.   These trucks are small, compact and some open air!  They offer cheap eats.  I really wanted to try a vegetarian Lumpia, one thing I miss since I stopped eating meat. They were out! Doh. Well, I have something to look forward to next time!

Also, note to self.  Arrive before 6:30 at DIA or no downtown shuttle.




No comments: