Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day Three - an unexpected twist...

Day Three started with my sister coming into my room to announce that her, her husband, Mathew and Shimmy (little wiener dog), were leaving today. They would leave James with me. I can only hope they were leaving early to get Mothers house finished..

We decided this was a good thing cause now the kids can move into the other bedroom, with two beds and a tv. Perfect, the kids moved in before my sister even left and set up their room.

I had promised the kids a Crab feed, even bringing my crab pot from home.. The kids went to a movie, I went to go get crab. I had hoped to take the little ferry from Ocean Shore to Westport, to get my crab fresh off the boat. The ferry is seasonal, and doesn't start up again until May.

I went to Mikes Seafood, which I have heard is very good for fish and chips. They did not have any crab in their seafood market. I ordered fish and chips, and asked what was up with the crab. The man explained that he had gone to Westport to get his crab, but the fishermen had doubled the price. So much for our crab feast..

We were bored, it started raining around 1 pm and I am not sure if it will ever stop... We took a drive up the north coast. On the way back, it was time for some adult time, so I stopped in at my favorite tavern on the north Coast, the Green Lantern. I ran in for a quick refreshement and to check the NCAA tourney scores.

Back home, we decided to walk up the street to Dugins Pizza. I met a local earlier who said it was the best in town. By the time we walked the roughly two blocks to get there, we were soaked.. All the kids had stepped in deep puddles. I tell ya, for a place that gets 100's of inches of rain a year, the roads and sidewalks, (or lack thereof) seems odd. Water doesn't drain anywhere, it just pools up..

The Pizza was good, and then it was time for Rock and Bowl! For anyone who doesn't know what Rock and Bowl is, its a late night bowling thing for the kids. They turn down the lights, turn on the disco balls, strobes, black lights and fog machines, and, oh yeah, CRANK the music! It was wild, it was fun. We bowled till 11:45 and headed home. At home the kids demanded we rent a movie.. at midnight.. no.



I call this "the bowl". Its in the middle of the dunes, a natural bowl. When you walk inside it, it


Sunset???



R





No comments: