Thursday, November 22, 2012

Bus Success Story!

It's so rare these days to have a good bus story.

Yesterday I planned to go to the Island to visit friends.  Due to the bus schedule/route changes, I have no direct route home on my return.  B is working double time during the Holiday, so I didn't want to impose on her, after all, she did iron my new shirt!

Wednesday AM I left my house at 7:50. I found a place to park a block away from the Alaska Junction. I hustled up to the stop, One Bus Away can't track the new Rapid Ride buses, so I have no way of knowing when the bus will arrive, and I sure don't want to come into view and see the back of a bus pulling away. I got to the bus stop and the sign indicated the C Line was arriving in 1 minute!

The C line showed up, I got one the last seats. I arrived at work 20 min later. In fact, it was almost the same time I would have arrived had I caught the 56 at 7:54, instead of driving up the hill.

I came home on the 7:10 boat.  Again, no way of knowing when the bus would arrive, I hustled up to 2nd and Columbia. Sure enough, as soon as I could see the stop, the C line came around the corner!  I ran a half a block and jumped on the bus. WOW! Amazing

20 minutes later I was in my car driving down the hill.   Success!

No comments: