Monday, June 8, 2015

Cabaret

Bronwens sister invited us to join them at Tacoma Little Theater to see Cabaret.

We arranged lunch plans so we could be sure to leave after the play, since it's hot and a Sunday afternoon and my back was acting up.

B picked The Schwinn as our meeting place. It is an old refurbished warehouse or something. The space was really impressive.  It was not too busy, we found plenty of room for the large group.

After lunch we went to the theater and my dire predictions came true. An old brick building, baking in the sun, with no air conditioning and a packed house. Ugh, it was sooo hot.

The first part was 1hr 40 min!  I was ready to walk.  But, I had a sip of water and back in for act II which only lasted 30 min or so! 

The performance was pretty good.  The theater was nice, great sound, a real orchestra and decent lighting.  I had never seen Cabaret before. 

No comments: