Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Yellowstone Day 3

I didn't sleep at all. ugh.. but, no time to whine, it's time to see stuff!    We got up and cooked up a greasy egg and hash brown breakfast then hit the road for the Bridge Bay campground. I made a reservation on a tour boat.

We saw our first Bison on the way... 100's of them!  We stopped to snap a few pictures.




At the dock ,we boarded the tout boat for an hour tour.  It was interesting, a lot of history, but not as exciting as I had hoped.  Good lore though.

On the way back we checked out the Old Fishing Bridge and had lunch at the lodge. We both had Panini. They were ok.

we headed back to see all the stuff we didn't have tome to stop for on the way.  Mud Geyser, Mud Volcano to name a few.  Many others I can't recall the name of and an amazing waterfall at a spot called Artist point. It made me tear up a bit!  It was overwhelming for me on no sleep!    I pushed it a little too much with a stop at Norris geyser.  After that , Kelsey got bak to camp and climbed into her tent for an hour nap!  I woke her for dinner of canned Amys Chili.  She liked it.

As we were finishing dinner, suddenly a strong gust came in from the East, opposite the light West breeze we were getting.   BAM!  the gust hit and everything flew, the fire flared up and everyone scrambled to secure things.  We quickly put away everything we had out, and sat in the tent and watched the squal move through.  It rained for maybe 15 minutes.  I went out in the rain and double staked the tent corners and secured the rain fly better.   And that was it. Our only weather issue all week. 




































No comments: